Job Description and Responsibilities
- Greet and offer assistance to USM students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Collaborate with KLC staff on new and ongoing projects including, but not limited to: learning commons space organization, student engagement initiatives, and Special Collections projects.
- Organize, locate, and process division materials and supplies.
- Monitor and organize the learning commons space to ensure a positive user experience.
- Collaborate with KLC staff on passive programming including, but not limited to: book displays, social media campaigns, and staffing during division events.
- Complete the Federal Work Study orientation and ongoing training.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Hands-on experience with creative projects such as crafting, video creation, and photography or a desire to learn.
- Self-motivated, dependable, enthusiastic, takes initiative, and interested in the work being done.
- A team player with strong communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer skills or a willingness to learn.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
Benefits and student development opportunities while working for the University Library:
- Flexible hours that work around class & practice schedules.
- Great atmosphere, fun people, and a healthy environment.
- Development of work skills and experience while still in college.
- Opportunities for social interaction.
- Leadership and mentoring opportunities where responsibilities and communication skills are learned.